What a great way to start out the new year! Thank you Kayde & David, Sonja & Seth, and Hilary for an awesome murder-mystery-dinner-party! Sometimes last minute parties turn out to be the best ones. I want to especially thank Kayde and David for the fantastic dinner! They put in a lot of work for the dinner and it was pretty sweet to show up and have dinner ready and hot!
…
Let’s no forget the main purpose of January-it’s main purpose is to bring another semester. Although Tyler completed all his credits for his degree, both he and Cass received grant money for the full school year so they both decided to take a few fun classes since it was free. Cass still had to complete her math anyway so its not like there wasn’t going to be homework. We decided to take Church History (institute), Spanish 1010 and yoga (again) together, then Ty decided on a basketball class and a PHP (web languages) class, while Cass is interning as a TA for Phil (one of her favorite communication professors).
Happy Birthday Month Joe and Rachel! Thanks for the great game night (Flager’s) and awesome sushi (Dastrup’s)!
Well, we finally got hold our baby niece McKenna!
The Gibson and Thibodeau clans travelled their respectful ways to Utah County to meet up with the rest of the family for McKenna’s blessing, Tabitha and Jonathan’s anniversary, and a ton of birthday celebrations!
I know every one who was present would not want me to forget Rock Band night at Kayde and David’s. Well let’s just say I am the Rock Lobster queen!
On a final note, our dear Frankenstein (the Honda) finally passed inspection! After much hard labor on Ty’s part (a new radiator, new washer-fluid pump, a new tire, a few new spark plugs, and plenty more minor things), it lives!
Before January ends completely, we wanted to leave with a quote from Elder Lewis:
“Mom, in thinking about your talk, I realized that the most important message I could convey to future missionaries is that no price is too much to pay for this experience. I don´t care how good a job you have, or how fast your car can go, or how big your scholarship is, or how pretty your girlfriend is. It can all wait, and if it can´t wait, it´s not worth it anyway. The adversary will do everything to keep these kids from going on missions. Trust me, everything. He will throw offers and temptations of every kind. A mission is worth weathering it all. Believe me when I tell you that I´m not just saying that because it´s the "good answer." It´s the absolute truth. My mission has been worth every single sacrifice, both those paid in order to come here, and those paid in the field. The blessings I have received, the blessings my family has received, and the blessings I am fully confident that I will receive in the future are worth every second. Brian Regan once fantasized of being able to say "I walked on the moon," but even if he achieved his dream, it would be nothing compared to what any worthy missionary does daily. We have walked through the gates of heaven itself, and angels have been our guides. Any young man who doubts me will just have to come out here and walk with angels himself.”

No comments:
Post a Comment