The semester must be winding down if a post is finally gonna make it out alive! And yes, the semester has winded down. The 13th -16th was finals week and we really were suppose to be done, but now it looks like Cass will be done by the end of April plus a summer internship, but Ty will be done by December pending on his math final!
As of August 25th, fall semester started with both Ty and Cass taking six classes (each). Grades don't come out until the 23rd and we'll get those posted if they are good.
August also brought new phone upgrades with our contract! We had all ready decided not to get smart phones, but of course they sucker you into a good deal and bam! We each are now the proud owners of the LG Ally, complete with Google Android!
Well it finally happened! I made it (via help of my most loved family) to one of the longest running musicals (on Broadway) in my life-CATS. Tuacahn’s production was really fun and all of us (me, Ty, Mom, Dad, and Shand) enjoyed it. In fact, I liked it more than I remember liking it in the past (from the video). It was funnier and I think I picked up more thanks to Matey. Thanks everyone for making it happen-it was a lot of fun. (I got a picture with Mr. Mistoffelees, but it was pretty blurry and fuzzy so I used Tuacahn’s Rum Tum Tugger pic instead).
Fat Man’s (courtesy of the A to Zion YouTube channel)
I won't ever forget the beginning of this semester, Ashley and members of the Oliver family, our hearts and prayers are with you in your time of loss. May you find comfort and peace from our Heavenly Father and Savior.
Well it was bound to happen, fall semester was slated to start, but at least Maria kicked-it off with a fun BBQ party! College kids can never turn down free food!| Cass: Media Ethics Small Group Communication Argumentation Anthropology of Mormonism Mormon Cultural Studies Power Yoga | Ty: College Algebra Web Languages (JavaScript) Mass Communication and Society Authoring for the Internet (Flash) Digital Broadcasting Power Yoga |
So there you have it. August passed by just as such. I will use the "getting use to school" as the excuse for not posting that month! I will leave August with a quote form Elder Lewis:
(August 16, 2010)
"Yes, hump day has come and gone. It felt weirder than I thought it would, ... I´m taking advantage of this critical moment to make some "New Year´s" resolutions. For instance, I´m reading an entry in my journal every day from one year before to see progress and help me know what will be interesting to put in their from now on. I´m going to see how things go!"
And onto September!
" Yes, the Lord is the author of this work, and he constantly reminds me of it. Each time we try to venture forth alone, we fail. When we rely on and work with the Lord, miracles happen. It really amounts to just that. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." And he does. The Savior leads us, guides us, walks beside us and helps us find the way - based on the simple conditions of obedience and love. Yes, if we do all that He teaches, we will live with Him someday. To put it simply, it´s true. It´s all true." (September 13, 2010)

No comments:
Post a Comment